3 weeks left until the Boy Scout Half Marathon! I’ve started to incorporate more pushups and planks into my routines after running. I know a strong core is essential to running. One day I’ll get better at managing all the aspects of being an “efficient” athlete.
- Monday – Spin 10 miles, resisted squats (up to 240lbs), kettlebell shoulder presses.
- Tuesday – Track Tuesday 3.6 miles overall (2 x 800m, 2 x 400m).
- Wednesday – 2.2 mile recovery jog.
- Thursday – 5K Tempo (9:57 min/mi overall).
- Friday – Off.
- Saturday – 5 miles (9:44 min/mi).
- Sunday – 10 miles (10:08 min/mi).
24 running miles for the week. Seems so incredibly low when you read all these blogs for people who are training for Marathons. But, I’m still only half crazy so lower mileage it is!